Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time for Kate?

Whew. Wheeeeeeeeew. What a handful of days we've had.

In just the last four days (and in no particular order)

I've had a cat puke on my pillow THREE nights in a row. Seriously.
I've had a small child screaming at every time to eat.
I've had a bigger small child break out in butt rash. (The worst) (He spent 45 minutes in a bath tonight "just because" and then after we were drying off and he goes: "OH NO! What happened to my fingers?!" hehe
I've had a doctor visit for the smaller child. (always difficult)
(Last week we did a doctor visit for him and a vet visit for the cat.)
More cat puke on the floor. Come on.
Cranky news from a loved one about really awful things at work.
My best friend has piles of upsetting things happening to her all at the same time.
Oh, Saturday I was up a pound (I know that's more than four days past, but oh well) This is of course besides the normal: loads of laundry, dishwasher running every day, my face breaking out, the desire to do something about it and so seriously NO time without something in my hands (okay now I could, since the big one is in bed and the little one asleep in the swing, but my time is limited)... When I sat down here I had just started my 5th load (yes, fifth) of laundry for today. I had two already washed yesterday does that count? and I loaded and started the dishwasher... these things just don't stop or let up at all. I picked up the toys and filled my water bottle, I'm ready to do my work out. The house is mostly quiet (aside from the previously mentioned appliances running). I have a LONG list of things I'd like to do before Saturday morning... paint my toe nails, shave, find something incredible to wear (did I mention I have plans Saturday? I didn't... well, I have plans Saturday! I am going to be out all day with a friend and I'm so pumped about it, but I have no time to get ready for it!) After sending this, I plan on doing my work out and then turning the pages of a book I've been working on for near a month now until Mark wakes up to eat again. At that time I'll pray that we can accomplish the task without one or both of us crying and waking up Matthew. Then it will be bed for us. Where's the time for Kate? Where has it gone? ... ha! It up and left with motherhood that's for sure. Mostly I don't mind it though. I love my boys. I sometimes just miss 'me time.' Yesterday Jamie suggested that I take a bath at one such sleeping interval. I wasted that time and poof! it was gone with no bath.

So far today, for those wondering, Mark has really been better. (I think, I hope!) He hasn't one time all out screamed while eating... CRIED a lot, but not the pain kind of screaming. I'm hoping this means we're on the right path finally. I'm sitting three feet from him currently and he's just so beautiful. I hate knowing that he's been in pain. Each feeding time today was bad, but it wasn't horrific as the past weeks have been. Hopefully tomorrow will go even more smoothly. Please please please.

Okay, off to shred it before anyone wakes up and needs me!

No comments: