Thursday, April 16, 2009

back from the doc

We did get some anti-acid meds to try. We'll try it. Though sadly it's worked no miracles yet. LOL I gave him a dose at about 11:30 (as recommended by the pharmacist to give him the meds before the feeding) ... He screamed from 11:40 until nearly 1:00 But, I'm more than willing to give it several days though to see if it helps. We have a month supply and do go back in just over a week to have his four month appt.

The doc was kind of jerkingly pleasant about how "it was probably just fussiness" I started to tear up right there in the doctor's office. IT is NOT just "fussing" it is all out SCREAMING, nothing will make it stop or better SCREAMING. Something has to give here, please give us meds! Let us try something. He told me "just keep doing what you're doing and when he's fussy, just try to burp him a little bit and..." WHAT?! Are you serious? I did NOT just pay 25 bucks copay for you to tell me "you're doing all you can if he's a fussy baby" BECUASE HE IS NOT FUSSY. He is a really good calm baby unless it's feeding time. And then he's a holy terror of screaming horribleness. ... sigh

Something else though that was brought to my attention today by another mom friend is that his tongue is still tied down. This particular doc didn't think it needed to be snipped-- much unlike the first ped we had with Matthew who cut his at the 2 month appt. Mark's two month appt came and went and the doc was real anti snipping it. Well this mom said that her daughter's tongue-tie was so bad that she was actually having problems nursing because she was able to suck the fore milk but not the hind milk. (ugh!) soooo her daughter would suck a few minutes and then scream murder not able to get the full fatty stuff. While I don't think that *that* is our issue, since Mark is gaining weight... it's just one more thing to worry about and wonder about and I will be bringing this up again at the next appt. If snipping his tongue makes him not scream for hours and eat easier, buddy let's do that. Matthew's is cut, I wont feel badly cutting Mark's. The doc originally was saying that he didn't want to cut it unnecessarily, which I agree but again I repeat... something's got to give. Please make it stop.

No comments: