Friday, November 12, 2010

Mega Event again

I just got back from running my errands tonight. I stopped in Kohls and used their ten dollar gift card that came in the mail. LOVE IT! Thank you Kohls. I paid 3 bucks there and got four items, NONE are for me! Love love love it!

After Kohls then it was down to business... serious coupon shopping, folks... Honestly, I should take pictures, but Jamie is a little afraid that we're starting to look like a bomb shelter center or something... so I wont ... this time... Hello stocking up! Kroger rocked this week with the Mega Event Deals! Allow me to break down some of the highlights from today:

8 four packs of stick butter
6 cans of evaporated milk
2 cans of Swanson broth
2 boxes of Bisquick (i wish I would have had more coupons, this is such a staple here)
4 more boxes of cereal
2 FREE sour creams
FREE Advil
2 boxes of nearly free cake mix with frosting (who can say, more cake balls?)
almost free shredded cheese
5 shampoos for under 5 bucks
5 bags of chocolate chips
baby jar food for 12 cents each (I wont say how many, I'm actually embarrassed about that one, but seriously the stuff doesn't go bad until Feb of 2013 and when it's normally 87 cents each.... cough)

I went to two stores:
The first was Publix and the totals there were
$19.37 SPENT and $36.20 SAVED! (65% savings!)
The second was Kroger and the totals there were
$144.42 SPENT with $72.12 SAVED! (33% savings)

All in all I'm very pleased! Over all total was $163 at both stores (which is pretty much where I was two weeks ago! Last week spent the same amount but saved $99, this week saved $108!)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow, great job on your savings! I would love it if you would come link up your savings at living well, spending less