Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hello Mega Event!

Kroger has these wonderful Mega Events every once in a while, where you buy ten participating items and get $5 off your total. Well THAT is nice on it's own. But it's golden when you have coupons for those items and can get them for FREE-CHEAP!

-20 cans of soup. I only paid for 2 full price. 6 of them were totally free. The rest were mostly free. Do we neeeeed 20 cans of cream of chicken? Not today... but the next 20 times I make a chicken pot pie, that's one less ingredient to buy! And since I've been making them a bit more regularly now (every other week probably) I'm thrilled with this purchase!
-The Pringles were only $.49 cents each. Do we need 8 cans of chips? not reallllly, but the boys will eat them and at that price, I can't pass them up. So that will be a happy addition to their lunches for a long while! (Not to mention Jamie snagged up one can and is munching away with the Tech game on currently *wink*).
-The Quaker Oatmeal was $.49 cents, that will be nice on cold mornings coming up.
-the cereal was also $.49 cents, you know I love adding to our cereal stock pile.
-the granola bars were $.99 cents each. I wish I would have had more coupons for this item, I would have bought them off the shelf at that price.

As you can tell, I had the most coupons for the soups thanks to Campbell's printable coupons. The Desitin wasn't on the Mega Event, but I got it for a dollar, marked at $3.00, and it's a needed product in this house.

Soooo all in all...
31 items...
But I only SPENT $17.97. (which if you were keeping track from my previous coupon post, I had $15.00 left of my budgetted money. So I did go over $2.97 tonight and can't spend a penny until I get my grocery money again, but! I am really pleased!)
That's $39.54 SAVINGS! (Math people, that's a 69% savings! (Mom, don't get too excited, it's printed on my receipt)). I'm normally tickled to get savings close to half... but TWO spendings recently, this one ONLY deals, and I'm Kicking the retail price world's butt out there! Waaaa--chaaaa!!!

all this for eighteen bucks!? CHA-CHING!

1 comment:

The Coupon Goddess said...

Woot woot! Awesome deals!!! Make sure to budget wisely because we are heading into the biggest sales cycle of the year. A great time to stock up big. I always spend more this time of year to really stock up on the essentials like butter, flour and sugar. Keep up the great work! :)