Friday, April 3, 2009

SKYPE

DUUUUUUDE....

This is my Public Service Announcement...

Skype.com go there. download it. tell your loved ones to download it. OMG-- Last night I TALKED TO and SAW my dad for an hour! We pulled up a chair and Matthew got to talk to grandpa (as much as a two year old is interested in sitting still), he made faces, sang a song, showed grandpa he's two fingers... oh it was beautiful! My folks got to see Mark and how big he's gotten since they last saw him. WONDERFUL.

Skype is FREE to download. AND FREE to use as long as both parties have skype downloaded there is not cost to make calls from one computer to the next. I don't know why we hadn't heard about this until now, but THANK GOODNESS someone told us about it and encouraged us to try it out. All you need is a webcam and a microphone and working speakers--though you can accept calls without a webcam, just can't use that feature obviously.

Sorry if this post is a little jumpy, but I'm so excited. I live 10 hours from my parents and now I can see them whenever we're both on the computer and it just rocks! Matthew missed talking to Grammy becuase he had to go to bed before she got home, but tonight he'll get to see and talk to her.

SO AMAZING.

Did I mention it's free???! We gave no credit card numbers or anyhting... just downloaded the software and then our computer called dad's computer. and there he WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so wonderful to be able to have them see the boys and feel more "here" even though we're still so far. Amazing.

No comments: