Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on Mark

Good. Grief.

So yesterday I felt like someone flipped the switch on my happy baby and we got CRANKY PANTS again. What happened?! It was like the meds were a joke and the screaming started back up. Lots and lots of screaming and lots and lots of not eating. My poor baby. He skipped a feeding last night, screamed straight through it and then fell asleep. Same story this morning. Not interested in eating, obviously the pain returned. My poor baby was in pain and soooo I called the doc.... I'm serious when I say they wouldn't see us. Are you kidding me? No. No I'm not. They wouldn't see us. "Some babies are fussy, babies cry because of lots of things, it could be gas or it could be the way you are holding him" STOP. Excuse me?? He is SCREAMING. This is not "a fussy baby." My poor child is in pain and you want to do what? So they said they really couldn't see him if he didn't have a fever, throwing up or blood in the stool... WHAT?! WHAT?!?!

Got off the phone there and cried. Called my best friend and cried to her. Called a new friend and nearly cried all over again, got her doc's name and number and was sent to call new doc pronto. At 1:30 pm, the chances of a new doc seeing us was probably slim but I called anyhow. ... The lady on the phone was SO nice. Said "why don't you come on in and we'll squeeze you in" She was floored my own doc wouldn't see Mark. The lady who gave me the papers to fill out was floored we weren't seen at our own office too... the Doctor herself (so so so nice) was also curious as to what the deal was with prior doc. She said to me "Adults don't need to throw up if they have heart burn to get medicine, so why should babies??" *big huge mega sigh of relief* Thank you Doc. Thank you. She gave us new meds and told me to call if he doesn't improve and she'll try something different. I'm so glad. I will be switching docs permanently effective yesterday. So after we left the doc's office we went to the pharmacy. And got back home nearly 3 hours later but that's okay. We'll be okay. Mark is going to be okay, this means Momma will be okay. Okay.

2 comments:

Laelia Watt said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is HORRIBLE! Good choice on getting a new doctor! She sounds much more professional and caring. What is wrong with your poor babe? Did she find out?

Brenda's Brushes said...

I had a lot of your entries to get through before I commented. If I had been around during the first entry, I would have encouraged you to change doctors. There is absolutely no excuse in him being so impressed with himself and treating you like that!!
When my first born was 2 months, I was charged $5 for phoning their service. Yes, I changed doctors.