Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a spider did it....

We had our first battle of lying.... :-( I'm so sad. I'm not ready for my baby to start being a big boy and all that means... growing up and growing stories....


Me: Where does the pen go?
Him: On the paper.
Me: What's this?
Him: Its my foot.
Me: Did you color on your foot?
Him: Nope.
Me: Matthew, did you color on your foot? (As I'm holding up his foot that is scribbled all over with pen)
Him: noooo.
Me: Matthew, Who colored on this foot?
Him: I don't know.
Me: Did Matthew color on this foot?
Him: No.
Me: Matthew, look at momma... who colored on this foot?
Him: (mumbling mumbling)
Me: Who?
Him: um, a spider?
Me: Matthew, that's not the truth is it? Did you color the pen on this foot?
Him: No, a spider?
Me Matthew did it ... say "Yes Momma, I did"
Him: Yes.... mommma.... (really sad and drawn out)

3 comments:

AWillman said...

Sad, but SO cute at the same time! I've learned that sometimes 'mean mommy' sometimes smiles at the ingenious of Nora.

Two weeks ago we took away milk in a bottle and put it ONLY in sippies..she told Rich "No, no nulk(milk), juice!" We got admonished by a 17 mth old!

Brenda's Brushes said...

Bless his heart. Thank Goodness, we all know it is normal and how we learn; but as a Mom, it is hard. He is a sweet, good boy and will come through it quickly.

Laelia Watt said...

Oh my!! You must have some very artistic spiders in your house! ;D