Tuesday, May 3, 2011

strawberries 2011

This is our third year in a row to go strawberry picking. This year my dear friend Nancy joined us. She kept Micah calm, asleep and on her while Matthew and Mark picked with me. Matthew did a really good job, nearly filling up his own bucket. Mark... not so much. He truly enjoys just eating them. I had to give him "one more last one" about 15 times. But we had a good time. They had a nice time and I enjoy gathering our own food. So far we made a strawberry cobbler that was a flop, strawberry cupcakes that were awesome, we've frozen some for smoothie making later and we have been working on a large tub just to eat. I'm super excited about making JAM this coming Thursday with a friend and hope we still have enough strawberries to do that or I may need to go pick some more!
















No comments: