Monday, May 23, 2011

Nail polish score!!!

Normally, I completely overlook the beauty sales. I just don't even really go there. I am not a girly-girl. I rarely wear make up and don't "treat" my skin or anything like that, so I let those sales blow past me. However, my untrained beauty eyes sure spotted a ROCKIN' DEAL at CVS this week. Thank you so much to Jenny on Southernsavers for posting it as a beginner deal. I wouldn't have even noticed it otherwise. I paid total $2.80 for these 6 lovely nail polish bottles shown below. TOTAL! And it gets sweeter. Not only did I pay $2.80 total, I also have a $4.00ECB at the end of the day! SWEET DEAL.

I had five coupons and the deal was a limit of six bottles. So, I paid 1.29 on the first bottle. Got a 4ECB in exchange. Paid 30 cents on bottle number two. Got a 4ECB in exchange. Rinse and repeat all the way to bottle six. Total spent after 6 transactions $2.80. ECB left standing: $4.00. Total cost of all nail polish: -$1.20 SAY WHAT?!?!? How cool was that deal? I was playing a nice little game with the cashier-- who by the way was super nice about said game-- he scanned my card, scanned the next nail polish, scanned the coupon, scanned the ECB and chuckled as he said "that will be 30 cents" each time. Lovely. Lovely.

Which color should adorn my toes first?!



I also hit up Publix and Rite Aid but the deals weren't quite as colorful to post about. Spent 12, saved 17.50 at RA. Spent 74, saved 81 at Publix! (awesome coffee deal this week at publix I thought)

No comments: