Sunday, May 22, 2011

coupon thoughts, a bit calmer

I want to come again with some couponing thoughts, but maybe not in such a heated manner... I think this coupon show just has me really worked up and truly for no reason. But I wanted to mention that while I still do think the show is WACKY and it does make me NUTS, I also think there is GOOD to couponing. And if you want a nice, realistic example, please hop on over to the Coupon Goddess's website. Never once have I ever thought "She's NUTS!" I'm usually amazed at her purchases and love her down to earth real vibe that she gives in her writing. She has four kids to raise and doesn't have 1000 bottles of anything just to look at and think "wow, that's pretty". She uses what she buys, she's thrifty in other ways besides just "what's on sale" and she's just fun. I really wish she would be on the crazy coupon show and show these idiots how to do it without ethical issues or hoarding problems, but instead, I'll just be thankful for her blog as a source of entrainment and adventure. You can go to it here, if you haven't ever been before.

There. Those are my coupon thoughts for today.

2 comments:

The Coupon Goddess said...

I totally adore you, but I will never go on that show. My feelings mirror yours and the concerns are truly valid. It really misrepresents us as a group and portrays us as gluttons instead of good stewards over what He has given us. No reason to defend your last post. It was great! Much love to you Kate.

Kate said...

Well I was feeling a little bad for being so loud about, hehe... but I was catching up on your last couple postings today and realized *just* how much I'm grateful for you being a pillar of my couponing foundations and not this unethical show.

I'm glad you commented!!! And I agree. I'm trying to be a good steward of the grocery allowance my husband and I have agreed on. And nothing learned on this silly show will help me do that unless it is to aid me in knowing what NOT to do.