Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WW On hold...!

Well, I hit my 70 pound marker with no room to spare. That's for sure. My 8 week challenge is going to have to stop there. The next three weeks the challenge will just have to be to not gain the 4.6 back! HA.

Okay so I was real hesitant sharing this yesterday and didn't... because I didn't want to get my hopes up too high just yet... but, WE'RE PREGNANT AGAIN! I took a test Sunday morning and it was a faint yes.... I called in the doc and they saw me yesterday morning. I needed to have a blood count drawn. I waited today to see what my beta count was going to be. Then (as the instructions were as of yesterday) either at the end of the week or towards the beginning of next week I'll redo the count to make sure the numbers are doubling-- if they are there to stick. Pending on where the numbers were, my NP (nurse practitioner) said we'd do an ultrasound as soon as she thinks the numbers are high enough to see anything. So it has to be at least 2,000-4,000 before they consider it "high enough" to see anything...

One thing about it is there is no way to know how far along I'd be ... 2 weeks or 6... ha. because I still haven't had a cycle since the m/c, I only tested Sunday just to "see" but I was totally expecting a 'no' and was really shocked with the yes line. It was so faint though. And since the last one was also so faint, I just didn't have it in me be super excited yet. ...

SO!...

Just before 1:00 this afternoon, the NP called me and said that my numbers were good and we'd go ahead and schedule an ultrasound, that we probably didn't need to do a recount.
I asked her "what was 'good?' Could I please know, what was the number?"
And she said. "It's a lot higher than I would have thought... it's over 27,000."
I said "what?! not 2700? 27,000???"
She said, "Yes, 27,055 to be exact"
Me: "27,055? Really?!" *starting to laugh and tear up all at the same time*
Her: "Yup. So that's really good. I wanna get you in for an ultra sound soon so we can try to figure out how far along you are..."

OH MY GOODNESS!

She also told me my progesterone which is 29.5 and she said that was really good. I still don't exactly know what that does or means, but someone told me today that it helps "keep" you pregnant. I could just do cartwheels... I'm so excited.

So, while I don't want to get my hopes up tooooo high. You can probably tell, they are already pretty stinkin' in the ceiling! My ultrasound is scheduled for Monday morning, we couldn't make it workout before the weekend. So it will be a LONG several days until then. But I am so unbelievably on cloud 9 right now.

This is the song that's been in my head all day:

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know, He holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because He lives!

My mindset has always always been this:

You can't pray if you don't know to do so.
So, I'll ask please for your prayers. It's been two months to the date of our miscarriage. God's timing is amazing. His perfect timing I'll never know reasons for, but will always be amazed of. Please pray this baby grows and sticks and stays. Please pray this baby is healthy and strong. Please pray for my emotional state to handle any and all changes. Please pray for Monday's ultrasound that we will see a strong steady heartbeat. Thank you so much.

Phil 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

That is WONDERFUL!! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to visit this weekend.
Marsha

♥ Jess ♥ said...

I am so happy for you :)

Hillary said...

Lots and lots of prayers coming your way, girl!! God is so GOOD!!! I'm loving those mega high numbers!!! YAY!!!