Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yellow Paint

A friend of mine recently painted some of her new house-the kitchen specifically a yellow color. I thought how neat it looked in the pictures, and my little project bug was bitten. I'd painted our smallest room-- the laundry room a bright golden color to brighten it up and help it seem larger. I wondered what the yellow would look like in the hallway (Thanks Liz!) So this weekend I tackled painting our hallway a bright yellow-golden color using the same color from the laundry room. Jamie was out of town from Friday until today (Tuesday) and I was hoping I could get it all done in time for him to get home to it "fixed." Here's a little bit of what happens when you try to tape up the trim with a toddler "helping" you out. Mmm-hmm. Isn't that nice? One I should have taken a picture of was all the little pieces made their way over the whole socket cover. He saw I taped up the sides and then he helped me cover it completely with blue. In fact I had to peel some of that off before I started trimming so that I knew WHERE the socket was. LOL! Also (yes I'm Dori--the delay fish) I *thought* I had enough to do the whole hallway and I ran out. SO, when we went to home depot Saturday to get more of the same color, um, they don't have that color with that finish any more. Bah! So I got a new gallon and a new finish and repainted what I'd already painted so that no one can tell now. It took Friday night, Sat nap time and night, nothing Sunday, a little last night, and today's nap time to finish. No way you can paint for real with a munchkin running around, I just painted whenever he was down. Anyway here are the pictures of the process. I LOVE the new color. It is now bright and happy in there instead of just a dingy off white boring hallway.


In other Matthew news: he said "loove oo" tonight for the first time with a new twist. "loove oo, momma" !! I could have melted right there!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yellow is the best!!

♥ Jess ♥ said...

Awww that is sweet. I would have melted too :)