Friday, April 4, 2008

Thankfulness

I've had a hard day today, news I'm not sure how to take so...
So instead of throwing myself a pity party, I'm going to be thankful for what I do have.

My Jesus loves me and I will PRAISE His name!
I have a husband who loves me.
I have a sweet baby boy who is becoming a little man these days.
I have two healthy parents, one who's beaten cancer!
I have a sister who is wonderful.
I'm thankful for the roof over our heads that is OURS! (even if the bank still owns it for now haha)
I'm thankful for the crazy man next door, he comes in handy now and again.
I'm thankful for our church and our church family.
I'm thankful for the kids in my children's choir and how special each one is to me.
I'm thankful for my best friend Nic who loves me regardless of circumstances.
I'm thankful for my dear friend Megan who talks on the phone with me at length regardless of background noises! (ha)
I'm thankful for my nephews and hope to see them soon, they are growing up so fast.
I'm thankful for the new found (RE)dedication to getting this friggin weight off!
I'm thankful for all this and much more.

I found this note in the pages of my Bible today... "Don't let your faith weaken because HE doesn't deliver what you ask for. Wait patiently and let Him answer with His answer and not yours." It was dated 7/02. I don't know what was happening then but that sure spoke to me today. I've been told time and time again, ___ is in God's timing and not your own.

Psalms 30:12 "that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God. I will give thanks forever."

Even though I know all this and it is true... it doesn't make it easy. I think of the passage in Psalms 100 where it says "enter His gates with thanksgiving." It's so hard to not be grumbling instead however. It's hard to walk in faith and know that He is still in control and His plan is still great. BUT it is. And He is. It's very humbling to be reminded that I'm not. No matter how much I think I'm in control I'm just not.

No comments: