Thursday, February 10, 2011

whatever is lovely 2

So last year, I wrote this out after Valentine's Day...

I find myself thinking "I don't like February" some times. But right now I'm trying to focus on JESUS instead of my circumstances. And when I focus on Jesus, I find myself being thankful. Grateful. And I find my thoughts drifting to this amazing man that HE has given to me. I'm so blessed by Jamie. And I'm so grateful for his love. I'm so blessed by him and by our relationship. I'm so thankful for the valleys we've come through so that we can stand strong when we are on the mountain peaks. Thank you God for Jamie and thank you for all the valleys and mountains we have come through and those we've yet to walk through--together.

I'm also very blessed by the children He's given me. All of them. I can't believe at the end of this month, it will be a year since we lost another babe to Heaven and three years since our first angel went Home. I'm so so blessed by my boys. I love Matthew and Mark more than words can say. They truly have completed me in ways I didn't know I needed to be completed. There is nothing better than being a mom. As I await the arrival of this new life inside me, I'm again amazed at the beauty of life. I'm so thankful for LOVE. Love of the Father in Heaven who gives life. Love of the Father in Heaven who IS life.

Thank you Jesus for being my FIRST LOVE. Thank you for FIRST LOVING ME. Help me to be the wife and mother I need to be for my husband and my children.

As Valentine's Day approaches, let us remember the best gift of all from the one who loves us the most--- Christ died on a tree so that you and I could truly be free. Thank you Lord for loving me enough to die for me.

As the things in this world seem to be crashing around, I need to be mindful of where my thoughts are. I want them focused on JESUS CHRIST, not on the circumstances before me. I need to train my mind to think on these things:

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8

No comments: