Monday, February 7, 2011

my new love

I've discovered a new love... it's called the Rite Aid. They have a program very similar to CVS where you get "store money" printed on your receipt for certain items based on what's on sale that week...

Last week was my first Rite Aid (RA) visit. I signed up for their in-store card (wellness something or another) and spent 4 dollars on two jars of peanut butter. It was BOGO and then you got two of their "bucks" back which are called Up Rewards (UPs). Not bad. So I paid for one and got two and got 2UPs to spend later.

Today was later.

I bought 4 Gillette men body wash for cheeeeeap! They were on sale 2 for $8 (limit of two). So I made two separate transactions. I paid 2.48 for the first two washes with my coupons (two of $2/1 ...found in RP??? or PG??? 1/30) and my two UPs from the peanut butter. I got three UPs back on that receipt. I tore those off, and did the second transaction of two washes with two coupons and the three UPs. Hello! I paid 1.48 for the second two AND got 3 more UPs back for a later date. Sooo because I'd be lost at that math if I were reading it... I spent $3.96 on FOUR body washes that should have been $4.00 EACH! Cha-Ching!

I wanted the "later date" to be today, they also had a nice Betty Crocker deal I have coupons for, however the shelf was empty. I was told they'll get a truck in tomorrow and I can check back. I may call first and see if there are any on the shelf before heading out again, but I was pretty pleased with basically buying one body wash and getting THREE FREE!

I'm beginning to think I'm going to reallllly like RA! (Look out CVS!)

No comments: