Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Shopping at a glance


Here are my totals from shopping today.


CVS rocked this morning! Spent $13.80 with using 6 ECBs before the cash), SAVED $39.94 AND received 11 ECBs. ROCK ON. That is the last edition of the Mega awesome Wisk sale! So we are STOCKED on laundry soap for the house. I do want to find some killer deal on Dreft if it's possible before the baby comes and stock on that, be/c I am brand picky about newborn clothing laundry, but otherwise, we are golden in the laundry department.


Publix: Spent $11.63, SAVED $28.41 actually NOT as good as I was expecting. Some how I spent about 6 bucks more than I thought I would so I reviewed my receipt and the culprit is some how I picked up 4 of the 7 muffin mix I bought were not on the BOGO. or at least not listed as such. I still bought them with a coupon, so I'm pleased that I got a deal on them, but not as good as I thought. And I thought I was getting only BOGO items. If the cashier wouldn't have been a flighty clueless person, I would have stopped to look at this there, be/c I really was shocked at the price. Not that 11.63 is bad, but I was expecting between 7 and 8. ... I may go back tomorrow with the not BOGO boxes and my receipt and see what's what. ... is 6 dollars that worth it to me? that will be the question in the morning...

But, here's the pic from Publix today:


Pickles (nope, not for me. I do NOT crave pickles, I don't even like pickles) on sale and with coupon final price was $0.39 cents per jar.
Muffin mix: on sale and with coupon final price should have been $0.29 cents per box. Three of these were that and three were only $1.19 each
And the super winner: Olive oil. Normal price $6.99. Took each bottle home today for $1.99!!


Kroger: Spent $167.15, SAVED $73.24 ....more than I was expecting, but I bought our meat for the month and that always throws me off. I'm going to show you a picture of just the MEGA EVENT deal items. I was pretty pleased with this stuff. So you buy ten items, you get $5 off your total. I have thirty items here (so $15 off total and I paid these prices for them):


Kleenex at $0.66 per box
Goldfish at -$0.01 per box (yup, I got paid a penny to buy goldfish today)
Kens Salad dressing: $0.69 each
Ritz: $1.99
Ketchup: 1.99
apple juice: 1.99 each
pudding mix: $0.59 each
desitin: 1.50 each
Listerine 1.50 each
popcorn: 1.24

~~~~~

All in all, not a bad day!

Total spent: $192.58
Total saved: $141.59
Earned: 11 ECBs from CVS AND $1.50 off next purchase from Kroger.


I'm over budget, but I had babysitting money, so I'm cool with it. Unless there are just some seriously super nearly free or free deals next week, I wont be buying anything thanks to menu planning and our stockpile. YAY!

No comments: