Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baby Appt update / kindness

Baby Update:

Yesterday we had an ultrasound appointment. I will say that afternoon appointments are for the birds. Having a 3pm appt and not being seen until 4:10 sucks. That's all about that though. :)

The baby is doing good. It was a joy to see him or her again. Oh the profile... so so sweet. If I knew how to work the scanner there would be a picture on this post, but I'm clueless in that department. The thing that makes me smile about the profile picture is the sweet ultrasound lady (God bless her, she's so wonderful) goes "who has a prominent chin?" hehehe Jamie does... she said "this baby's chin, look at that, do you see that?" It's so cute. She was able to tell me that the baby has hair. HA! No bald babies in our world.

... on to the other stuff though...

-The hernia that we were made aware of last week is still there, still sore, but thankfully not concerning my midwife, K. So that's good.
-Baby is big. Baby's head is measuring 38 weeks 2 days *note yesterday we were only 35 weeks and 4 days. Right now though the estimated weight is 6 pounds 7 ounces. This of course can be give or take up to two pounds, so who knows. All I know is that if that is right, add half a pound per week and we're going to have a BIG BABY. Sigh.
-Also, they want fluid levels between 5-20 and mine is "slightly elevated" at 21.14.
-Also, last piece of information to include, is that in one week I went from a 1 to a 2 dilation.........

soooooo, we have a lot of variables going on but all in all K is pleased with the baby, the hernia and where we are. She's a little concerned with the size, but not enough to merit panicking yet. So we have another appt scheduled for next week unless we go into labor before then.

Stay safe sweet baby with your daddy's chin.


Kindness:


I need to take a moment to thank some people. I'm not sure if they even read this regularly or at all, but it can't go without being said.

Nancy, I'd be at a total loss without you. You are the glue holding my life together right now.

Nic, I can't believe you'd drop everything and come down, spending your tax money on me. ...well, I can believe it, I should believe it, but it's crazy and I love you and I can't wait to see you TOMORROW NIGHT!

Meg, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for my pictures. I don't even have them yet but I don't care. I know you did amazing and I'm so blessed by you gifting me this session of love for my family and for this new baby coming.


Since I'm not sure some would want to be publicly recognized or not I'll use some initials ...

W, thank you for cleaning my bathrooms last week. It so needed to be done and it is not something just anyone would do for someone else, come and clean the nastiest part of your house... thank you.

A, thank you for cleaning my whole house yesterday. MY WORD. I can't get over how clean it smells in here, how nice things look, how much you did while I was gone... I can't get over your generosity. Wow. Wow. Wow. I walked around my house last night just gasping at all that was done. Wow. Thank you.

M, thank you so much for keeping A's children for her to be able to come clean for me. You both are blessings.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

So exciting!! Rogan was ALWAYS measuring big. His head especially. Our last ultrasound was at 37-2 weeks (he was born at 37-6 perfectly healthy), and his head was "off the charts"... meaning bigger than 42 weeks. But since babies like to tilt their heads, it can seem larger on ultrasound, Rogan's head was totally average for his 8lb 6oz size (even though the tech told me 9lb 10oz at our last ultrasound). I'm sure Baby is the perfect size.