Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Last year we had a little bit of snow about this time. I remember Matthew was so upset he couldn't build a snowman with the dusting we had last year. We built this little tiny snow two inch sort of nothing man... Well folks, after a hefty waffle breakfast (YES, I SAID WAFFLES! HE ATE WAFFLES) he built himself a nice snowman today because yah buddy did we get some snow!!!!! Here's a picture of the snow falling last night and then a few of us playing this morning.
Matthew and Jamie built a cute little snowman complete with pipe! I got the beach shovels and buckets out and they went to town making a snow castle. We also got a toy box out and um, used it for a sled... shhh! It was fine! Jamie never let go and the boys loved it! "Do gen Daddy" Mark said after his turn. I had to take Mark inside screaming when it got too cold for him to be out anymore. He and I came in first and then Jamie and Matthew the Popsicle came in later. Poor child had beat red hands. I stripped him down, bundled him in dry clothes, under a blanket, in front of the fire with a sippy cup of hot (warmish) cocoa. We had a nice morning for sure!



No comments: