Monday, January 24, 2011

percentages

I'm pretty excited about this...

In my New Year's Goals post (go here if you care to read them) number 4 was to keep track of all grocery spending in excel to see percentages of savings. Well, that also meant that I had to enter in all of December (since I stopped) and catch up January. Thanks to my mom helping me over the phone so that I didn't fight with excel tonight, I have done that! Here are my totals from when I started keeping track in October:


October Savings: 37.80%
November Savings: 39.38 % (nice! Went up slightly in savings!)
December Savings: 23.03% (dropped significantly due to not being prepared for Christmas shopping. Live and learn. Next year, the goal is to be ready for December before December comes!)
January Savings so far: 44.24% (thank you Publix for having ROCKIN' BOGO deals lately).


Ideally I'd love to be saving closer to 50% or more than what I'm spending on a monthly basis. Wouldn't that rock. I am trying to do better and better each time I'm at the store.

I can't stress enough meal planning. THIS is the key to helping you stay on track with your lists when you're buying things that you don't have coupons for. I am trying to lessen greatly however, what it is we have to purchase that doesn't have a coupon.

No comments: