Friday, January 14, 2011

coupon score

Publix had a good sale going this week.

I'm SO pleased I got to get out of the house to do the sale! I didn't venture very far, but it was nice to leave the house and be by myself for a few minutes. The roads aren't great, I was sliding in a few shady still solid icy places and the stores are BARE! It was crazy. But I made it there and back... Here's what I got...

24 boxes (yes, twenty four) of cereal (all BOGO) for around 37 bucks, divided by 24 is around 1.50 a box. That's not super great, (not when I can get some deals for 1.24 or 1.15 a box) but VERY nice when the cost of a box of cereal is $3.99, so I ran with it. ... I will say the selection of cereal options were SLIM. Very slim. It was nuts, I had to really hunt the shelves to make my deal work out right be/c there were giant holes all along the shelves where certain kinds were bought out.

8 packs of rice for less than 4 bucks

2 packs of popcorn for free

1 32 oz bottle of olive oil for super cheap

1 pack of hot cocoa for super cheap

6 bottles of baby soap for SUPER CHEAP! roughly 7 bucks spent on SIX 15 oz bottles of Johnson and Johnson baby soap was totally worth sliding on the ice for! This is a big deal when they are normally $3.15 each.


All in all at Publix today I spent $63.42 and saved $91.15 .... YES! I love deals. I love going into Publix with my little list of BOGO deals and killing it!

Cereal shelf (first time it's touched the top of the next shelf, haha!)

Other goods shelf (... note the soap is not pictured be/c it's not stored out there)



***Also, I just did some math and I'm at 34.42 pounds of grains out in storage. Including pasta, rice, potatoes, flour and popcorn.... anyone keeping track of how many more pounds of grains I'd need out there for a 6 month supply?

1 comment:

Brenda's Brushes said...

I think I need to ask you some questions about this couponing you're doing. I just don't know where to begin. One question I know I do have ...where are you storing all your surplus foods. Like us...I know you listen to Glenn Beck. I want to figure this all out.

Kate ~ I am extremely impressed!!!