Friday, June 19, 2009

My first real couponing adventure!

Earlier in the week, I am pleased to report a savings of $15.10 at Kroger on baby food, spray and wash, frozen chicken, crescent rolls. ... all things we needed. I wrote a list, stuck to the list and did really well for my first real coupon armed list shopping.

And I'm armed and dangerous folks again... Armed with coupons that is. Tomorrow I am on a mission. I've got a road map (small circle of which stores I'm hitting first and why/what I'm after... and oh yes, I made a rough draft and then re-wrote it)...

On my list tomorrow is Party City with a 10 dollars off coupon! (Thank you MK!) Matthew's party is next weekend and I am ready to get some deals.

and

Target for cereal and free milk ! *ending tomorrow Target is doing a buy three Kellogg's cereal and get a free gallon of milk deal* (Armed with coupons that I got off ebay for a dollar... If I'm doing my math right (Oh Geeez, the math that is involved in coupons, ohhhh me....), here's the savings on this one that I will hope to be confirming tomorrow:

3 boxes of Kellogg's cereal = 5.97 retail
with 3 $1.00/1 coupons = 2.97 OOP

So if I do it twice, I'll only have 2 $1.00 coupons and have to pay full price on one box. I only have five coupons. Ooops. It's okay. I'm learning. The second order will be $3.96 OOP with a total of $6.93 OOP.

I paid $1.00 already for the ebay coupons... so I'm at 7.93 OOP on this purchase.

And in return I'm getting 6 boxes of cereal and 2 gallons of milk. What?!?! Retail that up and it would have cost double. If milk is $1.99/gal, we're looking at $15.92 (is that right?!?!?!) Do I think that my dollar for getting those coupons on ebay will be well spent??? I sure do! I called Target earlier this week to make sure the deal was still going on THROUGH Saturday and I was told yes. Please let this work!

--- the true test will be when I come back tomorrow and report how this actually went! LOL

A huge mega big enormous thank you to Melanie for inspiring me to dive head first into this world. I can't WAIT to see where it will take us. (First stop is a small stockpiling in cereal!)

No comments: