Saturday, June 20, 2009

coupon learning curve...

Okay, so I learned a couple different lessons today.

If the Coupon Goddess says she bought fruit loops, you better have a coupon that is for fruit loops. I guess I thought that ANY Kellogg's cereal would be fine. And my coupon was NOT for fruit loops. SOOO my deal was not as good as expected. And since that was the case, I only did the free milk one time instead of twice. BUT that's okay. Lessons learned. All in all, I spent $5.82 today and got 3 boxes of cereal and a free gal of milk AND I didn't browse around for other things. Even though I sort of freaked out when I entered the cereal aisle and saw I messed up, I really did okay. I stuck to my plan, called Jamie and we did math over the phone (GOLLLLY THE MATH!) and decided even though it wasn't as expected, it still was a nice savings. So we've got three boxes of frosted mini wheats on a shelf where yesterday there were none for still about half the cost!

No comments: