Friday, October 3, 2008

Four years

I'm not much of a poet, and sadly it doesn't rhyme all the way through, but oh well...


Four years ago yesterday I married my best friend.
I became a help-meet for a man who God had designed for me.
Four years ago yesterday my life stopped being my own.
I'm now part of a unity instead of living just for me.
Four years ago I never knew just how much my life would change.
I had no idea what it would mean to belong to someone else.
Four years ago I never knew just how much love would come my way.
I had no idea what it would mean to carry and birth his children.
No one had told me that my heart could break and be glued back together larger.
No one had told me that my love for him would keep getting stronger.
I'm so blessed beyond my wildest dreams.
I love you Jamie. I love being yours.

1 comment:

Becka said...

Aww. I think thats a totally sweet poem. Congrats on your anniversary. (Oh and theres nothing wrong with it not rhyming...that just makes it freeverse :) )