Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday

So one of my friend of a friends does this 10 on Tuesday thing on her blog and I've been wanting to do it for a while but kept forgetting actually ON Tuesday to do it. She just posts 10 things that are on her mind on Tuesdays and I love reading it. Sometimes the things are very matter of fact, some times they are random. So here goes, my first 10 on Tuesday for you.

1. Matthew went back to preschool today. Is summer really over? He was NOT happy about me arriving to pick him up though, so I fully realize he had a great day and I'm thrilled at where he is and the education he will receive there. He told me some things about shapes today and already has his first "homework!"

2. Mark may actually drive me freakin bananas with the fridge letter magnet things. He's OBSESSED with them. He can't quite manipulate them into the holder the right way though, so he fusses louder and louder until you come help him get it the right way. He can say A A C or A C C but not yet A B C, we're working on it.

3. Mark likes ketchup. I don't know why this just flew into my head though, it's kind of nice. Matthew wont "dip" anything, so it's nice to see my second born is taking a liking to one of my staples of life, the red stuff.

4. Grocery shopping is a challenge with two children and such a breeze with just one. Mark and I did the shopping while Matthew was at school today. I didn't forget to give the lady my coupons, no one argued with me about the items placed in the cart, no one needed to "help" me put the items on the conveyor belt, no one begged for a cookie... ah. It was nice!

5. Naps should be mandatory. I have been really tired lately and needing to nap right with Markie. It's a toss up as to what I make Matthew do. If I think he's worn out enough, he has to lay down too. If I think he can handle just a little "rest" time, he has to stay on the couch or on my bed and watch a movie, while I close my eyes. Hopefully the house wont fall apart or burn down while my eyes are closed.

6. I totally miss my best friend so much it really hurts. We are plotting and I am really hoping that I can see her again SOON. Otherwise it may be next year before we get to see each other in person. And that. is not. okay. I also miss my sister dearly. I hate that she's so far away and am very excited about spending some serious time with her over Thanksgiving, but even that sounds way too far away.

7. Man! Tracy, you have my serious major props! This 10 random thing stuff is hard. I am like sitting here thinking "what else? what else?" Ha!

8. The cutest thing on the planet... okay there are a few but man alive, when I'm pouting or cry out or even just frown, Mark will run up and say "momma??" so sweetly and have to kiss me. It's so precious. I love my little tender heart. Okay, another cute thing (Should this be another number?) is when Mark echos me singing Jesus Loves Me. OMG. So so cute. It's so cute. Half the time he'll sing the echo, and half the time he'll sing the next word and not echo me. It's precious. I'm desperately wanting to get it on youtube soon, but the attempts I've made at recording him have been interrupted by him or others. so I need to try again.

9. While I'm writing this, Mark is one leg (with his letter thing) and Matthew is on the laptop playing a game. He just said, "Mom can I do elmo?" I'm pretty sure he was on a different website when I set him up there. How'd he get to Elmo? How is he so smart? I swear this child is going to be smarter than me by age 10. Already he asks some hard questions and wants to know answers to things that just blow me away. He's so smart and logical like his daddy. I love him very much and am so proud of how big he is growing every day.

10. Well since I'm struggling with 10 things... I will leave you with this... in March if the Lord is willing to so bless us again, there will be another little person by the name of Hobbs in this world. I wasn't planning on telling my blog world just yet, but there you are. We're expecting a tiny miracle due sometime in March. I couldn't be more excitedly nervous if I was asked to be. This was a complete surprise and shocker as we were actually preventing such. I had been focusing on my weight loss and doing well at it... we were decided that we'd get through Krystle's wedding in JUNE next summer and then revisit the issue after that. After I was healthier. After I was not needing to be in a matron of honor dress --- that is so beautiful and I love love love it and can't wait to wear it and PRAY it will fit over my then postpartum belly. EEEK! So there you have it world! We're pregnant again! God is funny sometimes, huh?

No comments: