Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Arch

There are few man made things, in my opinion, that are as AWESOME as the Gateway to the West, the ARCH, in downtown St. Louis, Missouri! If you've never been. Plan a trip now. It is so awesome, so big, so beautiful. It's especially beautiful at night, if I remember correctly, with the lights shining on it and the river below.... I remember one 4th of July I went there to see the fireworks, amazing. Anyhow, we went today: 3 adults, 4 kids to see the massive structure. The bigger k ids seemed to really enjoy it. I think Matthew really comprehended that we were up in the arch and were so so tall up in the sky. He liked seeing where the Cardinals play baseball and he liked looking at the river and the cars and the people way down on the ground. It was fun. We had another day of adventuring with Nic's family and then we sent them on their way back home. We'll see them next week for a few days before we head back south!

No comments: