Thursday, May 20, 2010

2 kids & 2 dogs

We didn't make it to the Transportation museum today be/c it was too rainy. We're hoping to still make it there but just not in the rain. We spent 4 hours at the Magic House instead and could have easily stayed way longer! SO fun! If you are EVER in the STL area with kids and time to kill, find the Magic House in Kirkwood. It's well worth the money. There is so much to see and do. I just loved it. I think Kris and I had as much fun as Mark and Matthew did. Opening smell boxes, feeling different textures, playing with balls, climbing in tunnels, jumping in the shadow room, sitting on musical chairs... LOVE IT.

Oh, back to the title of the post... when I got back from the Magic House, I was the only adult, as Kris and Brian had other plans ... I had two sleeping children to take in the house. And waiting for us, was Kris and Brian's two dogs... I pulled in the driveway and turned off the car and thought "how am I going to do this?" I needed to get the sleeping kids in and hopefully keep the dogs from barking in the process and let them out... Here's how, in case you ever find yourself in the situation: 1. Take the big sleeping kid in first, in case he wakes up, he'll understand why you go back out for the other one. Transfered him to the furthest away bedroom (my parents) and closed the door. 2. Go back out to the car for the second sleeping kid, take him down the stairs to the crib, thankfully, still sleeping. Close his door. Run back up the stairs. 3. Let out the little dog from behind the closed door. (THANK YOU KRIS FOR CLOSING THEM IN YOUR ROOM!) Then hurry and let out the big dog from the cage. Leash the little dog who tends to run, take both outside to potty. Yell at the big one for going in the street, grab the dirty cups from the car and get both animals back in. Shut the door. Breathe. WHEW! Both dogs were let out and both kids are still asleep for thei much needed naps! Yes. Success.

Do I want two dogs to do that regularly with?? NOPE! Two kids is enough for me for now. (though I will make a plug for my sister's dogs: They really are great ones)

No comments: