Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections

After reading some other friends' blogs, I realized I posted my New Years thoughts, but I didn't take time and think back and reflect on what 2008 brought. So before I get too carried away with '09, I thought I'd think back and remember '08 ...

January was spent in MO for me. I spent time in KC and in STL visiting family and friends and waiting for my dearest friend's sweet baby girl to arrive. I was actually with her in the labor room when she pushed out her daughter. I'll never forget that moment for my whole life. I was present and witnessed life being born, such a blessing.

February was a roller coaster. We found out we were pregnant and lost that baby. In fact, I went to the hospital on Feb 29th, so that date will forever be printed on my memories. Every leap year instead of rejoicing with the extra day in the month, I'm sure it will be a hard one to tackle.

March was rough to say the least. I was mourning the loss of a tiny child I'll never know and still trying to be a mommy to my firstborn. My sister came at the end of the month and we did have a good visit over her spring break.

In April I found myself neck deep in the world of weight watchers. I was doing a "step challenge" and walking and working out often, trying to work off my grief.

In May, (early May) we were shocked to find out I was pregnant again. This wasn't planned and I was in complete disbelief. ... to think in April I was running the stairs and pregnant all the while makes me tired now to think about it. haha May also brought me back to St. Louis for a concert. The St. Louis Children's Chorus held an alumni anniversary Gala Concert. It was amazing. I also had a chance to finally fully close a door that needed closure.

In June we went to Orlando with Jamie's family. 10 adults and 3 kiddos in a two bedroom condo!! (were we nuts!?) It was a lot of fun. Also in June my big boy turned 2~ I can't believe it, a full grown toddler we have now on our hands.

July took Jamie to the mountains for his annual camping trip and me back to Missouri once again. I spent a week in St. Louis with my folks and then a few days in KC with Nic's family. I can't believe her big boy turned 3! It was the first time I was present on his birthday!

August sent Jamie and me on a weekend get-a-way without Matthew. We went to Helen, GA and left Matthew with Jamie's parents. It was so nice to find ourselves again as husband and wife and not mommy and daddy. And Helen is just beautiful.

September brought us back to St. Louis just for a long weekend. My best guy friend from High School got married. I was so honored to sing during his ceremony, which was just gorgeous! I'm so happy for him and his new bride. This would be my last trip of the year, still pregnant and soon unable to travel.

October brought my annual Relay for Life walk to find a CURE for CANCER. I was hugely pregnant and made it most of the night... starting at 7pm and ending at 7am, I left around 5am. I didn't walk the whole time, but I put in several hours on that track. I pray that we WILL find a CURE some day!

November kept me GA bound, but I didn't mind it. My mom came for a long visit before Thanksgiving and I loved having her here. Jamie's brother's family came up for Thanksgiving weekend and it was nice to have them up as well, it had been way too long.

December of course is always CRAZY! Being the children's choir director at church, I had to get through our Christmas production! And it was wonderful. I was so blessed with all of my kiddos in it. December also brought us a very special gift... my second born, another son!


Well that's my 2008 broken down month by month. It's neat to go back and see what the year had brought and given...

No comments: