Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful 16- mom

  
Today I'm thankful for my mom. I'm so glad that she's in my corner, on my side, cheering me on in all I do. We haven't always had the best of relationship. For that, I regret deeply, but we have mended so much over the years. I'm blessed that she's my mom. I'm blessed that God loved me enough to pick out the mother I'd have all the days of my life. She loves me so much and I know it. I'm grateful for her sacrifices for me. I'm grateful for all she does and all she has done. I'm thankful that when my world is spinning out of control on all sides, I can pick up the phone and ask "are you busy?" My guess is 92 times out of 100 she really is when she says she is not. She listens to my woes. She rejoices in my victories. She is such an example of love and loveliness. She knows Jesus and she is in her Bible daily. When I grow up... I want to be like my mom. I want to sit at the foot of Jesus daily with my coffee and give Him the proper time I should. I want to be nice when it's painful and to be generous with all I have. I want to love the way she does. Today I'm so thankful for the mother I was given. I'm thankful for all the times she's come to my rescue and for the times she's loved me from afar. Our hearts will never be as far as our bodies are from one another. It is so painful, achingly painful to be so far from my mom. But God is faithful. I'm grateful for every precious moment I have with her. I'm thankful for every precious moment my boys have with their Grammy. I'm blessed we talk daily. I'm blessed she makes time for me. I'm blessed because she loves me. Today I'm thankful for my Mom and for the Grammy she is.







No comments: