Saturday, October 2, 2010

Six

Six. Half a dozen. ... I can't believe it. Has it really been six years already? Today is our six year anniversary. The candy year. (following traditional gifts) Six. That seems like a lot. More than five. Sure it's not ten or twenty or fifty, but still... six is a good long while. Six years ago I was in college (heh) and slender (ha) and living in MO (ahem) and just excited about being able to start a new portion of my life with my husband. But look at all that has happened in six years. ....

we moved to GA,
we found a great and wonderfully supportive church and acquired a church family,
we got a cat,
we suffered great loss of loved ones,
we were able to support my best friend with her first beautiful child-- a boy,
we had a beautiful baby boy,
we survived Jamie traveling more than 18 months away for week at a time repeatedly,
we witnessed my dad battle cancer and get his prostrate removed,
we moved again,
I was able to go and support my best friend giving birth to her second beautiful child--a girl,
we suffered personal loss,
we were blessed again with another beautiful boy,
we gave the cat to a happier home for him,
we watched my sister know the joy of being engaged to someone who loves her dearly,
I was able to witness the birth of another sweet friend's beautiful girl's arrival,
we knew loss again,
we witnessed my sister graduating and becoming a Doctor,
and now we're expecting again--a miracle.
(of course so much more has happened in between these)

We have traveled in these six years to Hawaii, Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands, Helen GA, Nashville TN, Myrtle Beach SC, Charleston SC, Nashville GA, St. Louis of course and KC MO *both too many times to count*, Breckenridge CO, Florida...

In the next year alone we are looking forward to another sweet baby to come join us and my sister to become a bride. I'm praying daily for my dad to overcome his battles of cancer.

I love my life. I love being Jamie's wife. I can not wait to see what's in store for us in the next six years.

Happy anniversary, love.

No comments: