Friday, October 29, 2010

coupons update

I just needed to say YAY! I did so good with the shopping today! *think 12 days of Christmas tune* Four transactions, three stores later, two cranky children and one tired momma, I saved more than half of what I spent in total! This rocks. I went to CVS (for three deals and two transactions), Publix (for deals only) and Kroger (for deals and main shopping) and spent a joint total of $163.64 (note: my spending budget is $180, so this is a very good thing!) and SAVED $99.46! WOOT Half of 163 is 80-something so I did really good! I love coupons. I love rocking the system. I hate staying up late working on it, but I love the end results like this!

Today's top results of couponing fruit are:
-17 boxes of cereal--some were free. (Have you noticed we go through the cereal here?) (Thank you General Mills for today's cereal deal. I really don't mind buying boxes of cereal and being paid to do so!)
-one free soft soap refill bottle (pretty decent size)
-free salsa

I also got bars, kleenex, fishsticks, four gallons of milk, produce, chips, sour cream, cream cheese (love that $5 dollars off Kraft deal going on now), canned veggies, juice, bacon, etc...

Take that full price life! I'm never going back!

pic of the cereal currently:

pic of the condiments shelf:
inventory: mayo, rotel, hot sauce, ONE peanut butter left (ACK!), one ketchup left (almost equal ACK!), two mustards, one salsa, four bbq, one coffee mate, one red sauce, two ranch, two french, three syrups, two soft soap refil and then boxes...


*Nic, you know that was just for you*

3 comments:

Nic said...

Good job!!!!! And I'm totally singing 12 Days of Christmas in my head now... :-)

Kate said...

Does Jonathan have the give a mouse a cookie Christmas version? There's a whole 12 days of Christmas from the mouse point of view. Matthew loves that one. It's currently in my head. LOL (Three sips of milk, two bendy straws and a great big chocolate chip cookie!)

The Coupon Goddess said...

WOW! Look at you go! I'm sooooo proud of you. This is the perfect example of being a good steward of your resources. Your husband must be proud!!