Monday, October 18, 2010

the circle of life

This Saturday, Jamie's dear Granddaddy went home to be with the Lord. He was a good man, an honest and hard worker. Every time we visited, he wanted to know when I was going to be able to finish school and get my degree. I think if I ever do get that chance to go back to school and get my diploma it will be a bitter sweet moment in my heart for I'll be thinking of how much it meant to Granddaddy. He was well known in his community far and wide for he was a principal for many years. He leaves behind his beloved Nanmommy. My heart will break when I see her tonight. We will be going to the visitation tonight and then the services are tomorrow. In 6 years of marriage, Jamie has held me up through many difficult times on my side of the family. We lost many the first two years of dating and then marriage... and in just a few months I've watched him lose members on either side of his family. It's hard to see your loved ones leave. It's hard to watch the hole they leave behind. But it is a great joy and time of rejoicing if you know where they have gone. I'm thankful for our mighty and awesome God who lovingly sent his Son down to die and return to Heaven to prepare a place for us. Thank you God that we CAN be assured of where we will spend eternity if we know and love you. Thank you Lord for taking Granddaddy home to you and not allowing him any more pain or suffering. ... As I carry this baby that Granddaddy wont be able to meet here on this earth, I know that he'll be able to see the faces of my children already gone to Heaven and one day meet this one in Glory too.



Here are some sweet memories of Granddaddy over the years...



Chuck, Jamie, Granddaddy and Matthew-- four generations of Hobbs men

Granddaddy and Matthew (July 07)


Granddaddy and Mark, both sleepin' (May 09)

Granddaddy's 84th birthday (June 10)

Jamie, Granddaddy, and Chuck


We will miss you.

1 comment:

The Coupon Goddess said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank God for good men who leave such a legacy as Granddaddy. Your family is in my prayers.