Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 on Thursday

Well I missed Tuesday completely for a couple weeks in a row, but I thought I'd add one this week anyhow.

1. we're going to the beach! we're going to the beach! the hurricanes better stay away, we're going to the beach!

2. I started a water aerobics class (FINALLY after months of debacle about it) and had a great time Tuesday night. Tonight will be class number 2 of 20 and then I'll miss next week be/c of our vacation (see number 1, we're going to the beach!). But I'm really looking forward to this class. I think it will be a big help in thwarting more weight gain and I think it will be nice to get to do something for me!

3. The children better sleep tonight, that's all I'm saying about that.

4. Matthew started therapy for his eating issues. Last week was his evaluation appt. Yesterday was his second appt. He did well. SHE is amazing. I will do whatever she says for the next however long we go. We are seeing small baby steps that some might think we're crazy for applauding (ie: touching food with his pointer finger) but I don't care what anyone else thinks right now besides Ms. Jennifer. I'm proud of Matthew for even the smallest of accomplishments. I'm so thankful that we're able to find him the help he needs.

5. Whoever invented Blue's Clues should be given a medal or a trophy or something. It's the only thing that will keep Mark's attention on the TV. It's a Godsend at times. I don't know what we're going to do without our recorded episodes next week (See number 1, we'll be at the beach!)

6. Matthew had some trouble "walking in line" today at school. Ms. Brenda told me about the experience while she and I chatted before time to pick him up. I asked him about it and his mouth hit the floor, "how'd you know that?!" he said. Ah-ha! I finally know the feeling my dad must have felt all those times I climbed into his car at school and he said something that he shouldn't have known yet but did and he said "I have spies everywhere." It's a pretty cool feeling, Dad. *wink*

7. Tomorrow will be 14 weeks. I'm so blessed. "Dear God please keep this baby safe and healthy and growing. Thank you Lord for getting us through the first hump. "

8. Omega Trail is underway~ I love this so much. It's awesome for me to focus my energy into something so worthwhile while the rest of the world is obssessed with halloween. If you don't know what the Omega Trail is, go to my church's website here and see what it's all about. It's basically a walk through of the end times, like a tribulation trail. But there is more detail for you than that there. Last year Matthew and I were in Heaven and Jamie was behind the scenes! I can't wait to see what's in store this year.

9. I'm very excited to get to see and hug my mom in a very short while. (see number 1, she's going to be joining us... at the beach!)

10. I wish I could do something, anything to take the stress load away from those I love. My husband, my mom, my best friend... It just isn't fair that they are shouldering so much all the time. I wish I could take some. I wish I could help more, do more, be more... it's hard sometimes. Life is hard sometimes. ... Next week when we're at the beach (no. 1!) we'll pass by the due date of our angel baby that went home to Heaven this past spring. It is wonderful to know that there is another baby growing and thriving and this baby is a blessing to my heart, but I still mourn what we lost. I know that without our first loss, we wouldn't have Mark and without this loss we wouldn't be currently carrying this miracle baby-- but it doesn't take all the pain away. I'm glad to have the distraction... I remember last year?? the year before?? I forget, one year, we were at Nana's house over the weekend that was the anniversary of the first loss. It was good to be there, distracted. I'm glad God knows when to plan things. I remember being annoyed that we couldn't plan our vacation any sooner into the summer and had to wait until September to go. I know now though that God knew I'd need to escape reality in this next week, and be with my mom all at the same time... God is good. So yah... number 10: Things are hard, but God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*wink* back at ya