Monday, July 19, 2010

Wait on the Lord

Lately, I've been feeling anxious. I wanted to calm my worries some, and the words that came to my mind was "wait on the Lord"... so after a search and many many verses with these words, here are the ones that jumped out at me the most. Number 11 is actually one of my favorite verses in the Bible and is on a wall in my kitchen. When I am worried and stressed and anxious, I know I need to be still and wait on the Lord. It is when I "wait for God, my Savior, my God will hear me."
  1. Psalm 27:14
    Wait on the LORD;Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

  2. Isaiah 30:18
    Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him.

  3. Psalm 39:7
    “And now, Lord, what do I wait for?My hope is in You.

  4. Psalm 130:5
    I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope.

  5. Lamentations 3:26
    It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.

  6. Philippians 3:20
    For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

  7. Isaiah 8:17
    And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; And I will hope in Him.

  8. Psalm 37:34
    Wait on the LORD,And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.

  9. Jeremiah 14:22
    Are there any among the idols of the nations that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? AreYou not He, O LORD our God? Therefore we will wait for You, Since You have made all these.

  10. Lamentations 3:25
    The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him.

  11. Micah 7:7
    Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.

  12. Psalm 37:7
    Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.

  13. Isaiah 40:31
    But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No comments: