Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth (tomorrow)

Here's the cake I made for today's cookout at my friend Kathy's parents' house. I was pleased. You can't tell from this picture, but it's a two layer cake. Red cake on the bottom, blue on the top, white icing of course and the sprinkles!



GOD BLESS AMERICA. MY HOME SWEET HOME!
OH GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME SWEET HOME!


June 2009

June 2009

June 2008


Tomorrow is the Fourth of July and my Daddy's birthday. If you get to watch any fireworks... he'd tell you they were for him. (This must have really been said a lot as a child, be/c I just went back in my posting archives and basically said the same thing July 4, 2008 and 2009).

Happy Fourth, America! I pray that we'll be able to get out of the mess we're in as a Nation. I believe that if our founding fathers could see what we've done to the nation they worked so hard to build and keep our freedom safe and secure, they'd be horrified. However, we are instructed to respect our authorities. This comes hard in a situation where you do not think your leader is deserving of respect. But it's not up to me to decide that now. He is in charge and it's our job to pray for him. And to pray for those serving him. And to pray that lots of people vote in November! (cough cough) okay, I'm very rarely political in my postings, so I'll stop. but there you are. Either way, America has survived another year. And we have MUCH to be thankful for. God has blessed us with a great freedom, both in this country but also so much more importantly, from our sins, through the blood on the cross shed by Jesus Christ, His Son. Thank you Lord for the Cross!


And thank you Lord, for my Daddy.

My daddy, leaving me at the aisle to marry my sweet Jamie.
Oct 2, 2004

May 2006
Grammy and Grandpa

July 2007 (with Matthew)

July 2008 (with Matthew)

August 2009 (with Mark)

May 2010 (reading stories on Memorial day morning)

Happy birthday Pop! I love you so much.
I hope you're having a great time in Arizonia with Kris.
Here's just a few things my dad is good at (I went to excel and put it in alphabetical order so no one can know what I thought of first haha!)

-Being a good example
-Being a grandpa. His boys love him.
-Being a pillar of strength
-Being a teddy bear when no one is looking
-Being a voice of reason
-Cooking
-Dancing. I can remember dancing on my daddy's feet when
I was little. I bet he'd still let me…
-Driving
-Eating whatever I cook.
-Grilling
-Holding your hand, even when he might not want to
-Hugging
-Knowing what you need to hear, even if you don't want to hear it.
-Loving
-Loving my mom
-Making breakfast in general
-Making Eggs
-Making the Goofy and Donald noises
-Making waffles
-Making you spit milk at the table… and I swear it's his goal to get me
to do it every trip I go back home…
-Playing cards… well playing any game really
-Quoting old movies
-Requiring laughter when you're sobbing
-Showing respect for my mother and teaching us girls to do so
-Singing
-Watching movies (with you)

1 comment:

Nic said...

Happy Birthday Dad!

I love your list, Kate. It made me smile, he's an amazing dad.