Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surprise!

So. My best friend is turning 29. Like for real... you know, the first real honest time she'll actually get to answer "29" to the question "How old are you?" And for me, as much fun as celebrating the "Big 3-0" or the "BIG 4-0" (etc.) is... I really like the idea of celebrating the "Last 20s" instead of "oh no, she hit the next step" I would like to say goodbye to the 20s with her. haha....

I flew in unannounced and uninvited today! (we live 14 hours apart). SURPRISE!

Her husband knew I was coming (and picked me up and took me to her!) and we have been plotting my little vacation for a while now. AND SHEWWWW! I'm so glad I don't have to hold this in anymore! I just wanted her last 20s birthday to be great.... and selfishly I wanted to be a part of it. haha.

And now a little bit just for Nic...

Nic I love you. I'm so glad we're friends. I'm so so glad that you trust me enough to let me this close to your heart and your life and your couch! (LOL) I'm blessed that you stand by me through thick and thin (and labor!) . I love shadowing parenthood 11 months behind you, not only in our first borns but also in the next two. I love knowing your extended family and feeling a part of them. I hope this birthday is something great! I have loved preparing to come surprise you so that we could celebrate your last 20s birthday together! ... as mine is still a few years down the road! *BAH!*

(And I needed a new "most memorable Nic's birthday" since in 04 --which is my most memorable birthday of yours-- I got a speeding ticket going to MEET you for lunch after I'd made your pumpkin pie and was bringing you A single slice in surpised in my purse-- I mean while the surprise part was good... The ticket and the moment stunk slightly...) SO! 5 (Oh my GOSH! FIVE YEARS?!) later, I'm ready to make a better "most memorable Nic's birthday"!

Soooo, surprise me!... what do you wanna do now that I'm here?!

Five years? Five birthdays???? Shut UP!

*and yes it's 3 am, I can't sleep!!!!

No comments: