Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

 Never before have I been so excited for Halloween... last night the grocery store was throwing a small festival of sorts for the kids and Matthew's school had sent home a flyer advertising it. I wasn't so sure at first but the kids had really talked it up apparently and Matthew was looking forward to going. He couldn't wait to go to his "first ever trick-or-treating!" We've never done that before and I was actually surprised at just how much fun it was. We didn't make it to the annual Lilburn Daze this year so, I was wanting to make it up to them (myself) but I made it clear I wasn't buying any costumes. We were going to have to work with what we had... Micah got a gift box from my cousin, her son was a cow last year. Mark invented his own "Batman." Matthew worked with the Spiderman pieces he had gotten from his birthday. Ironically, also from the same cousin... E, are you trying to tell me I need more 'dress up' in my kids lives?? haha. Anyhow, we dressed up and took our "Easter Baskets" to the store for some Halloween fun. I was surprised with just how fun it was. We were met with Starbucks Apple Cider at the door, a cake walk, face painting, pumpkin decorating, paper towel and frozen turkey bowling and candy from each department. Best Halloween I've ever had.










1 comment:

Tracy and Noah said...

I don't like buying costumes either. I might buy a couple pieces (like a mask and an iron-on patch), but the rest comes from what we have. Great costumes your boys came up with!