Monday, October 22, 2012

crackers and coffee


On a morning where my breakfast consists of coffee with a side of crackers, it sure was so sweet to walk back into the living room from the kitchen and see this scene before me. Mark reading his magazines from Grammy, a favorite pastime, and Micah next to him... not bothering him, just playing with his own toys near his big brother. Oh I love it. Sweet moments like this just melt me into 1000 pieces.  Moments like this make me smile and think how wonderful life is. It makes me forget the sadness, heartache, frustrations of life and make me just feel alive. I live for these sweetness moments. Even on a day--- no, especially on a day where breakfast consists of crackers and coffee and it is taking all effort to not want to crawl back into bed, I am so blessed by God's small gifts. His desire for His children to know he's here, to know He's real, to be reminded He's with us, He'll never leave us and no matter what "yesterday" brought, He's still here "today."  Oh how I need to know that. Oh how we need to know that. God is here! God is here! Jesus is with us! Jesus is alive! Jesus is here! Oh we need it. Mark looked at me so sweetly and said "We weren't even fighting today, Momma! We were being your good boys today not hitting or anything at all."  Oh thank you Markie! 

And, Thank you, God, for today.




No comments: