Thursday, March 3, 2011

the boy who cried wolf

I'm beginning to feel a little like this boy. Last night we went to the hospital for the second false alarm. I'm wondering if I really do have REAL contractions, will they let me in? Or will they say "no, not her again." ... Yesterday I was really crampy and my stomach was tight most of the afternoon. I was in pain. Not horrible back pain like before but tummy pain, tight and lots of pressure. I'd also (GROSS!) lost my mucus plug--- or as I've (GROSS!) come to learn (GROSS!) part of it. So I started wondering should we go? should we not go? I called the nurse and she told me to rest for an hour if conditions didn't change to call back. I called back. She told me to go to triage. We did. I was hooked up to monitors (NO IV!!!) and checked-- at a 3.5--- okay, doing something. I was monitored for an hour. Checked. No change. Some contractions but none 5 minutes apart.... more like 8-10 apart. Sooo, I was told I could go home or I could walk for an hour and be rechecked. I chose walking. It didn't matter. After an hour of circling the lobby and wandering the halls I was the same. So we were kicked out again. A little disappointed but okay. No real contractions today of any consistent theme. Some now and again but nothing enough to merit monitoring.

In other news though, my mom flew down. So Grammy is here. Ready to camp and be on call until this baby comes. She said her anxiety can't take any more false alarms. And I don't blame her. Neither can mine. I'm glad she's here. The boys are in hog heaven with her attention. And we'll just continue to wait and see what comes.

If I had to vote today... I'd say I had a drama filled queen in there tooting her horn, sitting on her high horse, enjoying being center stage. But.... what do I know. Time will tell.

No comments: