Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a verse

Someone needs to hear this...

so this is for you...


" Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest " Matthew 11:28.



I'm still thinking (often) about the Phil Cross song: You do not owe me one thing.

The thing about that song is... That though God DOESN'T owe you one thing... He wants to give you everything. He loves you. YOU. so much. And He is waiting for you to run to Him, cling to Him. So many things have been going on this week... in my friends circle there is a lot of hard news, sad news, scary news, struggles, turmoil...


For my one friend who's struggling with juggling work and life and kids and being gone and all that will happen in the next month, know that JESUS will give your rest.

For my one friend who's struggling with her husband being gone and her baby being ill and all that goes with keeping a house solo, know that JESUS will be your rest.

For my one friend who's been struggling greatly lately with her role in her current life, unable to forgive herself and see past her pain and see Jesus' loving open arms, when you're ready to run to Him... know that JESUS will be your rest.

For my one friend who's been badly hurt by a family member whom she loves dearly, please know that JESUS will be your rest.

For my one friend who's marriage is ending and her world is in shambles, cling to Jesus friend, know that JESUS will be your rest.


For my one friend who has suffered a loss, and is struggling to cope... cling to Jesus right now, and know that JESUS will be your rest.

For my one friend who can't stand going to work every day and suffers greatly while she's there, know that JESUS will be your rest.


Jesus wants to give us all the greatest gift of all... eternal life. And with it... rest. comfort. peace. joy. healing...


The words of the song will still haunt me. They may haunt me forever. I'm so looking forward to singing this song again this coming Sunday at church...


You do not owe me one thing, Father
You do not owe me one thing, Father
You have already given everything, Father
You do not owe me one thing.

The next line (have I shared this part on here?) is... I owe it all! I owe it all! I owe it all! I owe it all!

Oh Father in Heaven, we do owe it all to you. But we're so grateful that you are able to give us everything, that you HAVE already given us everything. Thank you for loving us, Father, for being our rock, our shoulders, our strength, our comforter, our pillars when the world around us is crashing down... Lord heal our hearts. We are a broken people. Heal our hearts. Amen.

No comments: