Thursday, February 25, 2010

words

A sweet friend who knows my pain and has herself hurt in ways no mother should, wrote this beautiful poem after her second miscarriage. She's agreed to allow me to share this. Thank you, Michelle.

If you've ever been there yourself.... or if you've ever been the support for one who's been there... get a tissue before reading on.



Though Your grace is sufficient
and Your mercy will endure,
So much here is confusing
And of much I am unsure.

The sadness is overwhelming,
my heartach goes so deep.
I'll never know why this
Gift from You wasn't mine to keep.

Since I don't get to hold her,
Your loving arms will do
Give her kisses from her mommy.
Tell her I'll see her someday soon.

Your Word says 'Joy comes in the
morning' so it must be true.
I'll take my heart's broken pieces
and I'll give them all to You.

To have hope, joy or peace-
without You, I never could.
You are the God able to work
ALL things for my GOOD!

I will miss my baby forever
but life goes on, there's much to do.
Though I'll never have all the answers,
Daddy, I STILL LOVE YOU.


These are other things (in no particular order) that people have said... there have been a lot of silence and a lot of words. People wonder what to say in a situation like this, and while nothing "helps"... these don't hurt...



Not broken... Just a bit bent. U are a wonderfully made mom and woman

Wish I could give you a real hug. I asked Jesus to give it to you for me, can you feel it?

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls."

oh my sweet sweet kate. the only thing in you that is broken is your heart. and mine is too. i'm so, so sorry. big hugs and prayers for you.

every pebble stacks up and becomes a boulder. We are each a pebble in God's hands.

"No parent should have to bury their child." -- Theoden King

IT SUCKS and Im angry and sad for you.

My heart is heavy for you.

I am so so sorry. Its just not fair. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I just wish I could be there in my body, because I really just want to hold you and cry with you.

My heart aches for you. I am so so sorry.

You just have to keep on trusting your Daddy. Even when it hurts, even when it doesn't make sense..

1 comment:

Brenda's Brushes said...

Kate ~ I'm so very sorry. You and Jamie are in my prayers. While I will never know how you feel, I do know how your Mom feels. I have three grandchildren in heaven waiting for me. It is heartbreaking.
God Bless you and your family.