Thursday, February 11, 2010

new life

For the second time in my life, I was privileged enough to be in the room with a friend while a new life was born. The first time was with my very best friend, Nic, with her second baby. I'd waitied for the arrival of a sweet baby girl, Allison. This was two years ago (can't believe it's been that long)!

The second time was just yesterday. My very dear friend, Tricia had her fifth baby and I was able to sit with her while she labored, pray while she cried and held her hand while she pushed out another sweet baby girl, Arilynn. Then of course, I cried. The miracle of life is just so amazing. To see God's handiwork right there in front of you is just incredible. To see God's handiwork without question or mistake right there in front of you... I'm shaking my head at the amazing-ness. I've been so blessed twice now to see life being born.

"Thank you God for the gift of life. Thank you for the friendships of both Nic and Tricia who'd trust me so much as to want me present at their most vulnerable and magnificent moments. Thank you Lord for their babies. Lord I pray that you'd grow this sweet new tiny life and give her strength for the days ahead. Let her learn to know you and rely on you in time. Father, give Tricia the strength she needs with the other four at home already and the struggles of having a newborn. Lord, bless Allie today, even two years later, Father for she holds a special place in my heart and always will. Thank you Lord most of all for your Son. That you'd send your Son down to die in my place will always amaze me. Father if you'd ask me to send my son, I can say most assuredly I'd have failed. Thank you for not failing. Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you Lord for your love. When all else fails, you do not. Thank you for the morning. Thank you for life. Thank you for love."

PSALMS 139

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!