Thursday, September 10, 2009

a thought for you today

Tuesday night was our big Women's/Men's ministry kickoffs with the new pastor and his wife in charge. I must say I love them! I'm anxious to see where they lead us. Anyhow, the woman who gave the devotional shared with us her life verse, and I thought I'd pass it on.


Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Some versions say"dwell on these things"

Meaning to STAY, to Linger, to focus on these things, to rest...

One in particular, "whatever is of good report" she said basically means 'if it is worth talking about'...

Makes you think..

Where does your mind's focus linger?
Do we spend all our time on negative and unpleasing thoughts, or are we thinking on things that are lovely and honorable?

-- Just something I've been thinking on for the past couple days, thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Thanks for sharing the quote -- I tend to focus on the negative, on "what ifs" and worry a lot. It's time to think happy, positive thoughts! Have a great weekend =)