Thursday, July 2, 2009

My first CVS score!

I had two Colgate toothpaste coupons, one I printed off was 1.00 and one in the paper was .75. I would have liked two 1.00 coupons, but it only let me print off one per computer. So fortuantely I found one that I had still from the paper. (Something weird to me, keeping all these old inserts-- I've got three weeks worth now, that's okay though, I know I need to, who knows what will be on sale next week)

Thanks to this site here, I'm told they are running a 2/5.00 deal with 2.00 in ECB (extra care bucks) so after that it's 2/3.00 And with the coupons, you're taking off even more... so we're looking at less than 60 cents a tube.

WELL... somehow, don't know how. (Don't get the "how" at all) I ended up with TWO $2.00 ECB.

So I spent 3.52 for two tubes of toothpaste and then GOT 4.00 in return. I was paid .48 for purchasing the toothpaste. What?! I'm flabbergasted.


I also have two things I'm planning on getting tomorrow at Publix. They are having a BOGO on both French's Mustard and Kraft BBQ sauce. With my coupons, on one I should be MAKING .15 and on the other I should be making .5..... I know this doesn't seem like a ton of money here. I mean, we're not yet up to a whole dollar in these three items (the toothpaste, the sauce or mustard) but that's MONEY I'm GETTING to "buy" these items. I do NOT get it. Do not. DO NOT. At all. Understand this. BUT I'm going to keep doing it.

My second real "couponing adventure" resulted in a high thumbs up!

I know my efforts are going slowly... but so far my savings IS greater than my spendings (on resources) so as long as that continues, be prepared to continue to hear about my couponing!


((((I know I need to post pictures of Matthew's birthday party... I'll do that on here, just need the time to do it! Since Mark is sleeping in the office these days, I can't get to my picture computer whenever I want to)))

No comments: