Monday, July 23, 2012

rolling along

Life keeps rolling along, doesn't it? I meant to get on here more than a couple times while we were gone but we were busy busy busy and I'm not so good with a laptop. We left June 15 and returned July 14th. How about that for a summer trip, huh?  We had a good time in New Mexico. Jamie was able to join us a couple of days and then our last night, we made smores. I couldn't believe it but my parents have both never had smores before. How is that possible? I mean ... first. you take the mallow.... right? So we have documentation that my children have toasted marshmellos and made them into smores right along with their grandparents for the first time. Even Grams had some. It was fun.






After New Mexico, Mom, Matthew and I went to my most favorite spot in all the world. St. Louis' very own Muny.  "The Muny" is an amazing out door theater. In fact, it is the world's largest still running out door theater, seating nearly 11, 000 seats. This used to be my most favorite summer thing to do with my mom and I still cherish the few times I get to go now.  We took Matthew to see his first live play... Aladdin! We all wore our Cardinals shirts and had a picnic dinner and then took in the Muny! It was awesome to watch Matthew watch it. 




After going to the Muny... the next day we headed out to the KC area and spent a precious few days with my Nic and her family. The kids love each other so much. Allie is a permanent Matthew shadow and Mark shadows Allie. It's quite hysterical. Jonathan and Matthew are the very best of best buds. We did a lot of nothing while we were there and it was wonderful. 





 


After driving the lengthy trip back to Georgia from Missouri, my sweet Matthew made one of the most important decisions of his life... he acted in obedience to our Lord and Savoir and was baptized as Christ was, believing in Him and showing the world that he, Matthew, is a Christian. Matthew will tell you that being baptized doesn't make you a Christian. It just lets everyone know you are one. He's so big. I can't get over it. Sometimes he seems so much smarter than I'll ever be. I'm beyond ecstatic--if there is a thing--that he's so very much in tune with Spiritual things. He loves the Lord and knows that he's supposed to follow and obey the Word. He knows 45 scripture verses by heart and can recite most of them without prompting. He is showing me daily kindness and gentleness with his brothers and such sweetness and helpfulness to me. I am so proud of him... July 15th, being baptized is one of the most important things he'll ever do in this life... this is eternal. My friend B's son was baptized this past Sunday and I am going to steal her words because they ring so true. She said of her son A that this is more important than anything or any other day... more important than his future wedding day or anything. This is eternal. This is Matthew committing to the Lord and agreeing to follow him. I'm so blessed to be a part of his journey with the Lord. I'm so proud of him to come at such a young age to Jesus feet and know Him.  

What was even more amazing about Matthew's baptism though, is that Jamie was the one who was able to baptize him. Matthew may not remember the words his daddy said that day, but we sure will. My heart felt as though it would leap out of my chest if I wouldn't have been holding it down as I watched Matthew take his daddy's hand and wade into the baptism pool. Jamie said that there couldn't be a more proud moment as a father... and with that he baptized Matthew in the name of the Father and Son and Holy Spirit. It was beautiful. 







We had so much family with us that day, it was extra wonderful...
though there were holes, we missed all of our sisters not being able to be there...
It still was fantastic to be surrounded with family. 
We went out to lunch to celebrate. 









After a month with them, it was very hard to say goodbye to my parents. 
I'm so glad for the time I spent in Missouri with them... 
and I'm so blessed that they were able to come
to Georgia to see Matthew's baptism. 


And, as if July 15th wasn't a big enough day 
for my newly turned 6-year old... 
he also lost his first tooth that night while brushing his teeth. 


It's hard to believe it but Summer is about over. 
We have two weeks left and then school starts back up. 
Wonder how much we can squeeze into the last few days of summer time.... 

No comments: