Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vah-vah-vah-VBS

There is a VBS Song that we do where VBS wouldn't be complete without it!  "Gotta say Yeh-yeh-yeh YES to vah-vah-vah VBS!" It's so much fun, and I'm on week TWO of VBSes. 

Last week for VBS we were in the swamp of the Everglades...





This week we're in the Swiss Alps on the Matterhorn Mountain! 





I love VBS (Vacation Bible School). I really do. Last week, I helped my dear friend, Nancy be an extra pair of hands in her room at her church while she taught. We taught a different group of kids each day about David and Goliath.  This week, she's helping me teach music to the preschool age kiddos at my church, so we're seeing the same kids each day. I have been having a blast. And speaking of blast... it is COLD at the mountain. We've been bundling all are kids up so they can "sing better". It's so funny. Today each class came in sat down and started saying "I'm too cold for singing" HA HA! So once they got bundled, they could sing better. What's more fun than wearing scarfs and hats in the middle of the summer all while singing about Jesus!? 



  
 There really isn't anything so sweet as teaching children these songs, teaching them about Jesus, singing about Jesus, watching them sing to Jesus... we gave Jesus two thumbs up when we sing "Jesus is alive! Jesus is alive! Jesus is God's Son and He's alive!"




Hangin' out with the Chick-Fil-A cow after VBS is pretty fun too. 

No comments: