Monday, August 22, 2011

I wanna sing!

I wanna sing sing sing!
I wanna shout shout shout!
I wanna sing.
I wanna shout.
PRAISE THE LORD!

I love this little song that they do at our preschool. It stays in my head and it makes me happy. Today I'm extra happy. This is my favorite day of the whole year and today, this year, it's even more special. Today my heart is a little more happy. My step is lighter. My head is singing. Today I know that without a doubt, my daddy will go to Heaven some day. I know that I'll see him there in Glory because yesterday he obeyed Jesus and was baptized in believer's baptism by submersion.

I'm so thankful for this day.

God has answered my heart and heard so many prayers.

I'm happy today!
Oh yes I'm happy today!
In Jesus Christ, I'm happy today.
Because He's taken all my sins away!
And that's why I'm happy today!

I have been singing all day long. And what a beautiful reminder to myself. This is how it should be. I should be happy. I should be singing praises. I should be grateful and thankful and cheerful EVERY day. I should be praising the name of the Lord because He is worthy to be praised.

Help me Lord to remember to praise you daily. In the normal times, in the bad times, in the hard and bumpy times and of course the good ones. Thank you Father, for answering prayers. Thank you for your timing and your will being perfect. Thank you Lord, for today.

1 comment:

Brenda's Brushes said...

Thank you for posting this. It gives me hope :)