Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good bye Moses Sampson..



In early December of 2004, a co-worker of mine at the time said that his cat was going to have babies... and boy did I want one. I asked Jamie what he thought about us getting a cat, then waited with expectations until the litter was born. ... When my co-worker was telling me about the babies he mentioned one with all four white paws. I knew that was the one I'd want. I'd always wanted a gray cat with white paws. I already even knew what his name would be, assuming it was a him, I'd name him Moses. Don't know why, just knew that's what that would be. Well December 28, Moses was born... and Feb 10th he came to live with Jamie and me! I loved that cat so much. In our earlier marriage life, Jamie traveled a lot. Moses was my companion at home. He was my love, my friend, my life line... The first picture up there is the day I got Moses. He was so tiny. He followed me around like a shadow... One day I was shouting at him to get down or off something and after I yelled his name, Moses, out came another name, Sampson. Thus birthed his middle name. Moses Sampson it was. I rarely used it unless I was angry or being silly with him. ...Today we needed to say good bye to Moses... and already it's so quiet. The boys are in bed, Jamie and his brother have been talking, I'm sitting here just listening to the lack of cat in my house. He should be bumping my leg or purring in my lap right now, but he's not. It's been a long time coming, but we've finally found him a new home. Today I drove all three boys (Matthew, Mark and Moses) to Jamie's work place to pass Moses to a co-worker of his who's going to give him a new home. This is what I posted to my facebook page, rather than rehashing I'll just copy and paste it here...

Today was hard. I'm glad it's over. I wasn't expecting Matthew to actually cry but he did. He said he didn't want X to take his Mo-Mo. We were in the car and he said he wanted X to give us our Mo-Mo back. Yah... a momma can only take so much. We were both crying. It was hard. But I know that's what's best for Moses...for those who've been asking, it just hasn't been fair to Moses since Mark was born. He hides the whole day in the closet.he boys screaming and crying has really effected his stress levels; he was puking a lot due to the screaming, chasing, squealing... it just hasn't been fair for Mose. He's a good cat, a lap love in the evenings but he spent the days hiding in fear. It's very bitter sweet. I know it will do better for him to have a home that doesn't have little people chasing him in it. We've probably kept him in terror about 6 months too long.... :( Even still, I will miss my first baby. (My first "M", haha). How do you explain to a 3 year old that their pet is now gone for good?


The bottom picture Jamie took last night. I took a couple more of just Mose this morning. I really do feel like something's missing. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I don't like this feeling. I wonder how many questions I'm going to have to answer from Matthew.... if you're reading this, just please send me some good thoughts while we enter into this new season. Thank you.

Not knowing who reads this now... X, if you're reading, I hope Moses makes you happy. He was a great friend to me.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Sorry to hear about Mose! Pets are really apart of the family and it is hard to see them go! I am sure he will be happy at his new home.
Marsha