Thursday, August 7, 2008

Helen trip and belly

I know I still need to update pictures from our big trip to Missouri (and that's next for sure), but Jamie and I took our own mini get-a-way, the first one ever since Matthew's been born! So I thought I'd update those pictures. My computer still hates me currently, but I'm using Jamie's laptop because I'm impatient and can't wait on my computer! haha

So, here's our mini trip this past weekend to Helen, GA. BEAUTIFUL. If you ever get the chance to go, take it. It's a quaint little town, set back in storybook type olden days with a German/Austrian feel to it (very Sound of Music). We enjoyed window shopping, candy tasting, the local bakery, an international cafe, the night life was fun-- listened to a patio guitarist Saturday night, very nice... it was just fun. Besides the local town life, we also did a tubing adventure. I tuckered out long before Jamie and he was sore the next day from having to help my raft and his! But overall it was pretty neat. Lastly, we also took in the Anna Ruby Falls. Quite the hike to see it, but very worthwhile. Each day we walked our legs off and we completely enjoyed the time alone.


Besides just our trip while I'm here I'll go ahead and publish the most recent "belly shot." This is at 19 weeks. Can't believe I'm nearly half way. I just can't believe it. While it isn't soaring by, it's hard to imagine it's been this long already. It's really amazing. Truly a miracle. We have our ultrasound scheduled for next Friday and as long as the baby IS shy, we're still planning to NOT find out who's in there. I just don't want to peak into this miracle more than I need to. God will reveal who is in there in His perfect time. I am so anxious to find out if we're having a child on the Lord's birthday or not! Whew. That would be what I want to know more than the gender! Will I be in the hospital on Christmas?! Anyhow, there's a baby in there, no doubt about that anymore.

No comments: