Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My (almost) THREE Year Old.

Since we'll be traveling over Mark's birthday, I thought I'd post this a couple days early. Mark will be three on Friday. Three. Every time it's someone's birthday, I'm just amazed at how old they are, how fast the year has gone, how they have grown and changed so much and this year is no exception with my little bug.

Mark, you are so cute. You just make me smile all the time. You are so smart and so quick. You are so kind-- when you want to be. You're a great eater. You love carrots and tomatoes and any fruit. You like pizza and spaghetti and sandwiches. You're not crazy about chicken or potatoes which have become a staple dinner for Matthew lately. You don't like your socks on when you're sleeping. All the time, I find socks in your bed or on the floor by the bed. You like to take your feet out of your footie pajamas and run around with the arms still in, creating a cape for Super Mark! You like Dora and Little Einsteins and Backyardigans most to watch on TV these days. You used to be crazy for Blue's Clues but that's fading. You love puzzles. It is so neat to watch you with your puzzles. You're getting quite good at the harder ones. You enjoy tracing your ABC's when I draw them for you. You love for me to sing you the "sunshine song" with you prompting me which color to use each verse. We have so much fun. One thing I'm pretty amazed about is your ability to retain information. If I tell you what items we are picking up from the store, you repeat them back to me when we get there. If I'm working with Matthew on a memory verse, the next time we say it, you chime in too. If I tell Micah no no to something, you remember that rule and tell him yourself next time he's doing it. You're memory is so cool. Your love for Micah is also so cool, you just love so much. You are so sweet, such a snuggler, such a love. I love you and the little person you are becoming. I just called you over here, and asked you some questions, so I can capture some of your favorites for today. Here's a peek at our conversation:

Me: What's your favorite colors?
Mark: green and black
Me: I thought they were green and pink?
Mark: Not today, today is green and black like Matthew.

Me: What's your favorite number?
Mark: 1

Me: What's your favorite food?
Mark: vitamin
Me: Vitamin?
Mark: Yup, and cheese
Me: Cheese?! You don't even like cheese.
Mark: Yah, I do.

Me: What's your favorite thing to play with?
Mark: colors

Me: What do you want to be when you get bigger? when you grow up?
Mark: a big boy

Me: What's your favorite animal?
Mark: a cat

Me: Who is your favorite person?
Mark: my matthew

Me: What's your favorite song?
Mark: itsy itsy spider

Me: What else do you like that you want to tell me?
Mark: Well, you forgot one question.
Me: What is it?
Mark: One more questions about children.
Me: What question did I forget, buddy?
Mark: I do like Micah
Me: Oh good. I'm glad you like Micah too.
Mark: Yup. Now that's all. That's all the directions I have for you.
Me: Okay. (laughing!)

Well my little one, I hope you have a great birthday on Friday! Happy birthday to my Markie.

No comments: