Monday, March 31, 2008

Today.... and Kris's visit

With my son asleep, worn out from a day of playing in the dirt and building Lego towers and my better half at work ridiculously late on a Saturday night, I find myself again sitting at the computer. I've noticed on people's blogs they usually tell you what you'll be reading about. Well, on here I'm not quite sure yet. I've given the back history and "caught" everyone up on where we are currently with recent personal events, so I guess the next thing to do is just keep going. I'm sure I'll ramble on about whatever is on my mind at that given moment. I'm currently in a journey with my weight, so that is something to post about. More on that later though...

Before I move on I feel the need to talk about something happy, and aside from the sad things in my life currently, there have been pleasant times too. My sister came down from MO to visit over Easter weekend. She came with her boyfriend Brian and her dog Chewy. They stayed a lengthy weekend with us over their spring break. Normally they've gone to Florida over their breaks and spent time on the beach, but it didn't work out this year and we were glad to be the alternative option. I don't know about the best choice in destination but the company was wonderful and much needed! Kris and I walked every day she was here save one and that was so good for me. She pushes me in a way I need to be pushed and driven exercise wise. She also loves and adores her nephew and he loved and adored her right back. Matthew and Kris spent endless hours reading and playing. He can recognize the letters which spell his name and Kris wrote it for him again and again. It's neat to hear him say each letter. He says it like this: "mmm ae tee tee ahha EEE! wah-wah" which is how any respectable 21 month old would spell 'Matthew' letter by letter I'm guessing!


During the visit we got to spend more time with Brian which was nice. And we also got to spend some time with his brother Mike who also lives in the ATL area. While they were here we took a hike at Stone Mountain.
That was a blast. If you are ever in the ATL area, make time to spend a morning or afternoon there. It's amazing to see God's handiwork in such a fashion. Stone mountain is in fact a mountain... it is just a large hunk of rock-- granite actually. Along one side there are carvings in it which was neat to see. I've lived here 4 years now and hadn't been until Easter weekend. We're defiantly going back. I had no idea there was so much to do and see. Matthew LOVED the TRAIN! We didn't ride on it but it passed us and that was great to see his face light up so brightly. Also he loved the ducks.

It was a good time and we have new sweet memories to help brighten the darkness that
March '08 held. Her visit was something that helped take my mind of things a bit as I counted down the time for the company to arrive. It was in fact a visit way too short if you ask me. I was sad to see them go but we really did a have a great time. We played games, played in the yard and at the park and played with Matthew the whole time. I miss my sis and I know she's already knee deep back into studying, probably wishing she was still playing "ready ball" here. We'll see her again in May.

No comments: